There’s these old woods right behind my house. Oh by the way my names Jose. So the woods are supposedly haunted by an abhorrent killer. I didn’t believe this at first but then I got to see it myself.
So one day it was a nice fall afternoon on a Saturday. My friend Martin and I were playing baseball by the woods. I hit the ball a little too hard and it went into the woods. Martin said he would go and get it but I was a little scared for him but he still went in. I waited about ten minutes for him but he didn’t come back out. I thought this was kind of strange because I swear I didn’t hit the ball that hard. I decided to be brave and go into the woods to find him. I walked about 20 feet and found the ball but there was no Martin. I ran further into the woods but still couldn’t find him. I had a horrible feeling that the murderer had gotten to him. I started running faster and faster. But I still couldn’t find him. I screamed his name as loud as I could.
I finally went home. I didn’t eat dinner that night and when it came time to go to sleep I slipped out my window with a blanket and a pillow and my teddy bear that this girl Lydia gave me. I know I’m a dork. But I couldn’t sleep without it. I ran into the woods and found a nice dry spot and tried to fall asleep. I didn’t hear anything, so finally I was fast asleep.
When I woke up I was at home again in my bed. I didn’t remember coming home last night or this morning. Oh crap! My mom must have noticed I wasn’t home and found me in the woods. Quickly I jumped out of bed and ran into the kitchen. Mom was making pancakes; she didn’t say anything about me being outside. I must have slept walked home. Weird.
I went back to bed and slept for a few more hours. When I woke up I went and got dressed and searched for Martin by myself. Before I knew it I looked at the clock on my phone and had to go back home for dinner. I would look for Martin after I ate.
After I ate fast I went back outside and back into the woods. It was way darker than I thought it was so I had to get a flashlight from the garage. I ran into the woods and saw a figure walking far ahead of me. It could only be Martin or the killer. I swallowed and went forward slowly. The person stopped and turned around to look at me. I felt a huge relief when I saw it was Martin.
“Jose you have to run!”
“Why?”
“Because I’m the killer and you have to run and tell the cops because the killer part of me is going to kill you next.”
“The killer part of you?” I said scarcely.
“Yes, I have split personalities one where I’m normal and one where I kill people.”
“How many people have you killed Martin?”
“18 people.”
I turned around and started to run as fast as I could go and I ran all the way to the police station. When I got there they asked me why I was all out of breathe. They knew the story of the murderer in the woods so I told them I just found the killer and told them where to find him.
Martin was sentenced to the electric chair but first he went to a mental hospital for his split personalities. Martin would always be my best friend but he was also a murderer. I was just happy that he hadn’t killed me and he was now dead. Or was he?
No comments:
Post a Comment